ThunderCats Youth Triathlon Team
Welcome to the spring 2017 season of the Triangle Multisport Youth Triathlon Team!
About the Team
- **March 14, 2017: Due to the temporary closing of the Homestead Aquatic Center all Wednesday workouts will be held from 5:00-6:00 in Meadowmont for cycling. All weekend workouts are now on Sundays from 3:00-4:30 with March 19, April 2, April 23, and May 14 to be held at the Hollow Rock Tennis and Swim Club (~20-minutes dry-land outside, then swimming from 3:30-4:30).
- - Open to kids 6 through 12 years of age
- - The team is limited to 50 participants
- - Workouts are divided up by both age and athletic levels
- - The coaching staff includes some of the nations top coaches and athletes with decades of coaching experience
- SCHEDULE CHANGES FOR SWIM WORKOUTS:
- Wednesday Practices alternate between cycling from in Meadowmont from 5:00-6:00pm and Swimming at Homestead Aquatic Center from 6:30-7:30pm
- Weekend Practices for Cycling and Running are SUNDAYS from 3:00-4:30pm in Chapel Hill
- Weekend Practices for Swimming are SATURDAYS from 6:30-7:30pm at Homestead Aquatic Center
- - Practices start on March 5, 2017 and continue through May 21.
- - The team is encouraged to participate in the Tar Heel Youth Triathlons as fun team events. Entry fee is NOT included but a discounted fee is offered to team members.
- We are entering our NINTH year with the team in 2017!
- - $350 for one child
- - $300 per child for two members
- - $275 per child for three or more members
- - NOTE: Each member MUST be an annual USA Triathlon member – $15/year (Join or Renew HERE)
- - Membership DOES NOT cover race entry fees
- - Athletes will receive a top quality team uniform!
- - The team may offer other athletic gear at a discounted price